Sunday, June 8, 2014

Le Grand Depart

'We have to be in London by six o'clock at the latest on Saturday to collect the keys from the gallery,' said Johnny, 'so we must be on our way by one o'clock.'  This impressed me: times and schedules do not sit comfortably with Johnny and his normal response is to ignore them.  I was also delighted because departure time fitted in with my Saturday morning schedule of hair dresser (exhibition prep), so I would be able to attend the great send-off.

All that remained was to fit in the bicycle
The weather was unsympathetic, manifesting miserable - what's new? However, spirits where high and I arrived to find Sam's van packed with paintings.  The final challenge was to find a place for Romas' bicycle.  'Do you ride a bicycle Gill?' Romas had asked me last week, 'I am getting mine in condition for London - we could explore London by bike - yes?'

Not bloody likely.  My style of cycling requires the equivalent of a bus lane, which does not disappear from one traffic light to the next and I don't like myself in helmets. 'No,' I replied.

Where there's a will ...


Good job!

J modelling Yorkshire cricket hat

Team Harrogate
Romas performs Puja for blessing and good fortune

And they were off!



 See you in London!  It's been a fabulous journey.  Much love Johnny,

Gill xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment